Safer Dining at the Best Restaurants in Greensboro NC
Are you looking for the best restaurants in Greensboro NC for a delicious dinner with your friends? Crazy Crab Seafood & Grill is open and ready to serve you! We offer a fine dining experience in a casual setting, and we also offer curbside options. Our staff uses all recommended health and safety precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Here are our best tips for enjoying your meal safely while enjoying the company of friends.
Follow CDC Recommendations
The CDC and other professional healthcare resources are your best bet for unbiased information. Check out their coronavirus information here. Currently, the CDC notes that there is no evidence this virus is transmitted by food. So, you can have peace of mind when enjoying a meal from Crazy Crab!
Our staff regularly reviews CDC recommendations to ensure we’re doing our part to prevent the spread. We already used health and safety practices such as hand washing and sanitizing our kitchen and dining room regularly. However, you’ll also notice that our staff members are wearing face masks and taking other precautions to keep you safe.
We update our practices as the CDC releases updated guidelines. Additionally, we comply with all state and local guidelines and regulations. Our goal is to keep you as safe as possible when enjoying one of our seafood meals. Great food isn’t just about taste; our food is delicious, but also gives you peace of mind that you can enjoy your meal safely.
Take Your Meal Outside
Did you know that we offer takeout options? While our main dining room is now open, you may instead want to take your meal elsewhere.
Some evidence suggests that COVID-19 is less likely to spread outside. When you eat outside, it is easier to social distance. Consider picking up Crazy Crab for a fun seafood picnic. This is especially safe if you are socializing with people outside of your immediate family. We all want to get back to normal, but the more you can socially distance, the safer everyone will be.
Our entire menu is available for takeout at our Greensboro and Winston-Salem locations. You’ll find a wide selection of low-country boils, gumbo, jambalaya, and other Cajun favorites. Here at Crazy Crab, we have something for every taste.
We even have a new Crazy Crab Feast option, which allows you to quickly order dinner for your entire group. The Crazy Crab Feast feeds 4-6 people and includes the following:
- 3 pounds of shrimp
- 3 pounds of snow crab
- 2 pounds of crawfish
- 2 pounds of King crab
You can choose a plain boil, or include a sauce of your choice. Choose from butter, garlic butter, lemon pepper, Old Bay, Cajun, or a mix of all the flavors. You also get to choose your heat level: non-spicy, mild, medium, hot, or extra hot.
Where should you have your picnic? Try a local park if social distancing is possible, or even your backyard. Some neighborhoods are organizing an evening when everyone eats outside on their own front lawn or driveway! It’s socially distancing, but enjoying a picnic atmosphere!
Have a Virtual Meal with Friends with Food from the Best Restaurants in Greensboro NC
One of the easiest ways to stay safe while enjoying time with friends is to hang out virtually. Instead of gathering in person, plan a time when you can use Zoom, Facetime, Skype, or another tool to meet online. Everyone participating can order takeout from their favorite restaurant, such as Crazy Crab. Then, enjoy your meal together as you catch up.
Here are a few quick ideas to make your virtual meal more fun:
- Go around in a circle and rate your meals and drinks. Share your favorite restaurants with one another.
- Have everyone bring a mixed drink and recipe to the meet up. (You can go with non-alcoholic drinks or alcoholic mixed drinks.) If you don’t like mixed drinks, you can also do craft beer, wine, or unique sodas.
- Play a game during your meal. There are a few different apps that allow you to play together online, or you can play a more traditional board game. A few that are relatively easy to play on video chat with a few modifications include Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit.
- Go for a lunch date instead of a dinner date. It can be a fun way to break up your day. This is also often an easier option if some people in your friends group have kids while others don’t. You might eat dinner at wildly different times, but most people agree that lunch happens around noon.
You may even want to have a standing date with your friends on a certain day of the week to celebrate great food and friendship. Have a new theme every week. One week, have a burger night. The next week, everyone orders from their favorite Mexican restaurant or bistro. Maybe even have a dessert-first meal, filled with cheesecakes, ice cream, and pie. When it is seafood night, don’t forget to place your order with Crazy Crab!
Order Online for Quick Pickup
The best restaurants in Greensboro NC offer online ordering, and Crazy Crab is no exception. If your group doesn’t want to share the Crazy Crab Feast meal, you can each choose your own personalized boil. You pick your proteins and sauces. Make your own or choose one of our pre-set menu boils. Here are your protein options:
- Shrimp (head-on or no-head)
- Black Mussels
- Green Mussels
- Blue Crab (seasonal)
- Snow Crab
- King Crab
- Dungeness Crab
All boils come with corn-on-the-cob and potato. You can add extra corn and potato, as well as add sausage or egg to any boil.
Keep in mind that we have a full bar with a variety of beer, wine, and liquor options. So, you can find the perfect drink to complement your food.
If a low country boil isn’t your cup of tea, all locations offer a full menu of other seafood and non-seafood choices. There’s always one person who prefers a burger to anything else! Here are a few Cajun specialties that we recommend:
- Jambalaya – Our recipe includes chicken and shrimp in a tomato-based sauce with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers. This “jumbled up” meal has a healthy serving of rice to soak up the Cajun-spiced sauce.
- Po’ Boy – This French bread sandwich originated in New Orleans during a workers’ strike. A sandwich shop made low-cost sandwiches for the workers and when they saw them coming in for their sandwich for lunch, they would say, “Here comes another poor boy.” The sandwich became known as a Po’ Boy and it is a Louisiana favorite. Choose from fried shrimp, fried oysters, or crab cakes. The sandwich isn’t complete without lettuce, tomato, and remoulade sauce.
- Hush Puppies – No southern meal is complete without an order of hush puppies. We wouldn’t be able to call ourselves a Cajun restaurant without these cornmeal crowd pleasers, which are fried until they are golden brown and served with honey butter.
- Fried Baskets – We offer fried baskets including fish, oysters, shrimp, and chicken at some of our locations. Our baskets come with an order of French fries to complete your meal. These baskets are great for kids or anyone who is not a huge fan of seafood boils. It’s also great food for a quick lunch option.
This just scratches the surface when it comes to our menu. Each location has slightly different choices. We try to use local ingredients whenever possible and keep our cuisine in line with a New Orleans bistro vibe. It took 15 years of travel throughout the south and the southeast coastal regions to choose and perfect our Louisiana/Low Country dishes. We bring them to the Piedmont Triad in hopes of offering a fun, family atmosphere while enjoying some unique flavors and regional dishes. Click below to see what each Crazy Crab restaurant has to offer:
- New Garden Road, Greensboro location menu
- Big Tree Way, Greensboro location menu
- Peters Creek Parkway, Winston-Salem location menu
When you order online, you can get in and out quickly. Each dish is packaged separately so you can easily hand out meals. It’s fine dining in the comfort of your own home!
When picking up your online order, we recommend wearing a mask. This can help prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as COVID-19. While you don’t have to wear a mask in the main dining room as you eat, wearing one to pick up your online order can help keep everyone safe.
Social Distance at Our Restaurant
We are using CDC guidelines to dictate how many tables and booths are open in our dining room. By seating guests farther apart than normal, we make it easier for you to social distance. You can help! Here are a few easy ways to social distance while at Crazy Crab:
- When entering and exiting the restaurant, social distance from other parties.
- Social distance when using our restrooms or otherwise walking around the restaurant for any reason.
- Keep your parties small when possible. We want to get back to normal and meet with friends again, but the very safest option is to only be around members of your own household.
Our wait staff practices social distancing as well, both in the dining room and in the kitchen.
End Your Dinner with a Sweet Treat
One key to getting through this pandemic is to enjoy the little things in life. Go ahead; order that dessert! (Okay, maybe this “tip” won’t help you stay safe, but we highly recommend it for your mental health!)
Both our Big Tree Way and New Garden Road locations in Greensboro offer a selection of dessert options. These small plates pack a punch of flavor. We have both southern classics and traditional American desserts:
- Banana Foster Cheesecake – This mashup of two delicious desserts combines the silky-smooth flavors of cheesecake with the banana foster flavors (banana, banana liqueur & 151 rum).
- Three-Layer Chocolate Cake – Our rich chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is made from scratch.
- Fried Cheesecake – The flaky, crisp shells of this dessert are filled with our classic vanilla cheesecake. We top the fried cheesecakes with a chocolate drizzle and whipped cream.
- Key Lime Pie – Made from scratch, our Key Lime pie has the traditional tart filling in a graham cracker crust. It’s topped with a sweet whipped cream, which pairs perfectly with the tangy flavor of the pie.
- Beignets – This fried dough dessert is a traditional Louisiana treat. After coming out of the fryer, each beignet is topped with a healthy coating of powdered sugar. Dunk them in our chocolate sauce, and get a second order because you won’t want to share!
Our desserts are the best way to end your meal. Or, order a variety of desserts for a treat with your afternoon tea or coffee.
If you aren’t a dessert person, try a fun appetizer instead. In addition to hush puppies, we have a selection of tasty treats to start your meal on the right foot. These include shrimp cocktail, chicken wings, crab dip, and cheese sticks.
Join Our Loyalty Program to Earn Rewards during Quarantine!
Our loyalty program is easy to join. Simply download the Crazy Crab app. You’ll get 10% off any item just for joining. Then, use this app to order and earn rewards as you enjoy Crazy Crab dinners during quarantine. Here are a few perks:
- You’ll get a free dessert on your birthday.
- Every time you place an order, you’ll earn points toward rewards such as free food, cash back, and other offers.
- We have special double points days when you’ll earn rewards even faster.
- You can use the app to order online and pay with your phone. This makes pick-up even easier.
- Our app has scratch-off cards and games to help you earn more rewards.
- You’re rewarded for sharing your Crazy Crab experience on social media.
Our app is completely free to use! Simply search “Crazy Crab” in the app store or click here to learn more. No smartphone? No problem! You can also use any mobile number to sign up in our restaurant. We hope to see you at Crazy Crab soon!